Lithium battery are divided into liquid lithium battery and lithium polymer battery. Lithium polymer battery is an upgraded product of lithium ion battery. Compared with the popular lithium-ion battery, lithium polymer battery has the advantages of large capacity, small size (thin), safety (no explosion) and so on.
Lithium polymer battery (Li-polymer): It has many obvious advantages such as high energy density, smaller size, ultra-thin, lightweight, high safety and low cost, and is a new type Battery. In terms of shape, lithium polymer battery have ultra-thin features, and can be made into batteries of any shape and capacity to meet the needs of various products. The minimum thickness that this type of battery can reach can reach 0.5mm.
Compared with lithium ion battery, the characteristics of lithium polymer battery are as follows:
1. There is no battery leakage problem. lithium polymer battery does not contain liquid electrolyte and uses colloidal solids.
2.Lithium polymer battery can be made into a thin battery: with a capacity of 3.7V 500mAh, its thickness can be as thin as 5mm.Such as IMPROVE lithium polymer battery：
3. Lithium polymer battery can be designed into a variety of shapes.
4. The battery can be bent and deformed: the lithium polymer battery can be bent up to about 900 degrees.
5. Since there is no liquid, lithium polymer battery can be made into a multi-layer combination in a single particle to achieve high voltage.
6. The capacity will be twice as high as a lithium-ion battery of the same size.