When we compare batteries, we need to take efficiency, safety, charging time, energy density storage, weight, maintenance, life cycle, temperature sensitivity and cost into account.
Lithium iron phosphate battery refers to a lithium ion battery that uses lithium iron phosphate as a positive electrode material. The negative electrode is also graphite. The electrolyte is also based on lithium hexafluorophosphate.
Lead-acid batteries are mainly made of lead and its oxides. The electrolyte is a storage battery with sulfuric acid solution.
What is the difference between them?
1) With high energy density, the volume and weight of lithium iron phosphate batteries are only about one third of that of lead-acid batteries with the same capacity.
2) The cycle life of a single lithium iron phosphate battery can reach >3000 times under ideal conditions, which is much better than that of lead-acid batteries (500 cycles of use).
3) Good temperature performance, especially outstanding high temperature performance. The working range of lithium iron phosphate battery can reach -20℃~60℃, and it can work at high temperature for a long time without affecting battery life.
4) Good power performance. Without affecting the battery capacity, lithium iron phosphate batteries can meet the needs of high-current charging and discharging, and solve the problem of excessive battery capacity loss during high-current discharge of traditional lead-acid batteries. In the case of the same capacity, the high-current output energy of a lithium iron phosphate battery is about twice that of a lead-acid battery. If lithium iron phosphate batteries are used instead of lead-acid batteries for power-type backup UPS, its capacity will be reduced by 50%.
5) High security. It is still safe under harsh conditions such as acupuncture, squeeze, short circuit, overcharge, etc., without deformation, and extremely high capacity retention rate.
6) Clean and environmentally friendly, the lithium iron phosphate material does not contain any heavy metals and rare metals, and will not pollute the environment during production and use, avoiding the pollution of traditional batteries to the environment.