The biggest advantage of lithium polymer battery is small size, light weight, convenient to carry, has become the ideal energy of consumers favor gaze in the choice of lithium polymer battery must be within the range of reasonable voltage capacity, many consumers are pursuing super capacity, super high voltage, this idea and practice is completely wrong, It must be clear that the more energy accumulated in a limited volume, the more difficult it is to manage, the higher the voltage, the greater the capacity, the greater the difficulty and failure rate of the protection circuit and the balance circuit, in order to make the equipment we use more with the lithium polymer battery, so to see the safety of the lithium polymer battery test certification. As follows:
In general, the first product logo appearance to judge such as lithium polymer battery’s manufacturer name, trademark name or trademark, style setting and battery should be described.
Secondly, through the testing of lithium polymer battery, such as impact, acceleration, vibration, thermal impact, thermal cycle test, altitude simulation test, so that the sample battery does not explode or catch fire, there can be no perforation or leakage.
Finally, we should take charge and discharge test of lithium polymer battery, from charge and discharge cycle, short circuit test, abnormal charge test, forced discharge test, overcharge and other aspects.
At present, a lot of lithium polymer battery manufacturers in the battery export production should have CE certification marks, it conforms to the safety, health, environmental protection and consumer protection, etc., in the sale of products in the European economic area market is with certification, so we're going to the lithium polymer battery line strictly judgment, to ensure that used on the equipment of guarantee, avoid using the process of each abnormal appearance.
Advantages of lithium polymer battery:
- The operating voltage of monomer lithium polymer battery is as high as 3.6V ~ 3.8V, far higher than the 1.2V voltage of nickel-metal hydride and nickel-cadmium batteries.
- The capacity density of lithium polymer battery is large, and its capacity density is 1.5~2.5 times of nickel-metal hydride battery or nickel-cadmium battery, or higher.
- Lithium polymer batteryhave small self-discharge and small capacity loss after being placed for a long time.
- Lithium polymer batteryhas a long life, and its cycle life can reach more than 500 times under normal use.
- Lithium polymer batteryhas no memory effect, and does not have to empty the remaining power before charging, which is convenient to use.
- Good safety performance: lithium polymer batteryadopts aluminum plastic flexible packaging in structure, which is different from the metal shell of liquid cell. Once safety risks occur, liquid cell is easy to explode, while polymer cell will only gas drum at most.
- Lithium polymer batteryare thin and can be made even thinner: So thin, the battery can be packed into a credit card. The common liquid lithium battery adopts the method of customizing the shell first, and then plugging the positive and negative cathode materials. There is a technical bottleneck when the thickness is below 3.6mm, while the polymer cell does not have this problem. The thickness can be below 1mm, which is in line with the current direction of mobile phone demand.
- Light weight of lithium polymer battery: batteries with polymer electrolytes do not need a metal shell to protect them. Lithium-polymer batteries are 40 percent lighter than steel-clad lithium-ion batteries of the same capacity, and 20 percent lighter than aluminum batteries.
- Large capacity of lithium polymer battery: lithium polymer batteryis 10 ~ 15% higher than steel shell battery of the same size, 5 ~ 10% higher than aluminum shell battery, becoming the first choice of color screen mobile phone and MMS mobile phone, now the new color screen and MMS mobile phone on the market also mostly use polymer cell.
- Small internal resistance of lithium polymer battery: the internal resistance of lithium polymer batterycell is smaller than the general liquid cell, the internal resistance of domestic polymer cell can even do 35m ω below, greatly reduce the battery consumption, prolong the standby time of mobile phone, can fully reach the level of international standards. This kind of lithium polymer battery which supports large discharge current is the ideal choice for remote control model, becoming the most promising product to replace nickel-metal hydride battery.
- The shape of lithium polymer batteryis customizable: manufacturers are not limited to standard shapes and can economically fit them. The lithium polymer battery can increase or decrease the thickness of the battery cell according to the needs of customers, and develop new cell models. The price is cheap, the mold opening cycle is short, and some can even be customized according to the shape of the phone, in order to make full use of the battery shell space, improve the capacity of the battery.
- The discharge characteristics of lithium polymer batteryare good: lithium polymer battery use colloidal electrolytes. Compared with liquid electrolytes, colloidal electrolytes have stable discharge characteristics and higher discharge platform.
- The BMSdesign of lithiumpolymer battery is simple: because of the use of polymer material, the cell does not fire, does not explode, the cell itself has enough safety, so the protection circuit design of lithium polymer battery can be considered to omit PTC and fuse, so as to save the battery cost.